Accounting Specialist (AR / Financial Institution)
Jack Henry & Associates, a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry; is hiring an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our growing Finance Contract Management Team. The Finance Contract Management business unit supports internal Jack Henry business units. This position requires that you possess solid written, verbal and interpersonal skills to be affective in the level of support we are providing. Travel is possibly up to 5% to attend possible Jack Henry meetings that may in another Jack Henry office location.
This position will support high volume projects in which you will be assisting with converting legal documents to the PeopleSoft accounting system and verifying billing and revenue are set up correctly. In this position you will work with MS Excel to create spreadsheets from data we extract to review and analyze data for accuracy. This position provides you with the opportunity to have additional knowledge transfer through cross-training in our team. Jack Henry offers a comprehensive benefit package and stresses a work-life balance. This specific position will work with a strong independent team that meets their deadlines each month. Each team member is self-sufficient and self-learner, but works well within the team and is willing to help out wherever needed in order for the team to be successful. Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within Finance Contract Team but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: other Finance teams, Operations, or Sales. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before June 30, 2019.
This position can be based to work out of any of the following Jack Henry office locations: Monett, MO or Springfield, MO (Montclair)
- Must have a minimum of 18 months of experience in Accounting or must have a minimum of 18 months working in a Financial Institution.
- Must have experience with MS Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong math and reasoning skills.
- Able to use spreadsheets and other accounting-related programs.
- Able to type accurately and efficiently, including 10-key.
- Able to work with confidential materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Processes customer billing activities.
- Interprets contracts and accurately enters information in the PS or other billing systems to create customer invoices.
- Recognizes revenue to correct general ledger accounting strings.
- Process, accurately, various monthly, quarterly, and annual billings and various credit memos.
- Performs routine checks and balances with other employees.
- Maintains files and accounting documentation.
- May answers incoming calls or online cases and supports internal and external customers with billing inquiries.
- May generates cost contracts, maintains contract expiration spreadsheet and/or processes contract buyouts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.