Sr. Credit Analyst (Commercial Credit/Underwriting)
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Sr. Credit Risk Analyst to join the Enterprise Payment Solutions team in Allen, TX. In this role, you will be responsible for processing merchant applications, gathering and verifying business and credit information to recommend approval or decline of new applications, and processing merchant account maintenance requests. The Credit Risk Analyst will also recommend credit (transaction velocity) limits. Additionally, you will work closely with Sales and Installation departments to develop and implement process improvements, and to communicate special processing requests. You will be expected to interact with complex merchant clients, independent sales organizations (ISOs), value-added resellers (VARs), and financial institutions. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in the credit risk analysis space and a natural desire to dig into research to resolve complex issues.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in commercial credit analysis and/or commercial underwriting.
- Must be available to work afterhours and occasional weekends as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or AAP, CFE or CAMS Certification.
- Strong and detailed knowledge of all risk management systems.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Strong knowledge of BSA, AML, KYC, and OFAC.
- Ability to detect fraudulent and/or suspicious activity.
- Strong analytical, customer service, decision-making, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of money transmitter rules and regulations.
- Ability to work with confidential materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Proven experience in banking, credit union, or payment services.
- Processes merchant services applications, verifies business and credit information, and recommends transaction velocity / credit limits.
- Provides analysis and interpretation of the customers’ financial status for proper evaluation of risk and the establishment of proper transaction velocity / credit limits.
- Prepares recommendations and makes approval decisions on new accounts.
- Complies with KYC, OFAC, and BSA/AML rules and regulations.
- Monitors and communicates risk concerns to management.
- Assigns new applications for processing to the appropriate Credit Analyst.
- Reviews, approves or declines new application recommendations.
- Interacts with regular and complex merchant clients, ISOs, VARs, Referral Banks, and the ODFI (Originating Depository Financial Institution) to carry out these responsibilities.
- Maintains client database to facilitate process flow, reporting and analysis.
- Trains Credit Risk Analysts on risk management systems, processes, policies and procedures, and regulatory compliance.
- Manages risk management functions in absence of Credit Risk Manager or Supervisor.
- Determines needed risk management system enhancements and serves as primary resource for determining and validating proposed system enhancements.
- Monitors portfolio of existing merchant accounts for transaction risk, decline in financial condition and other derogatory indicators. Communicates concerns to management.
- Reviews and approves changes to merchant accounts, including but not limited to ownership changes, new bank accounts, locations, and modifying transaction velocity settings based on client business needs and risk mitigation.
- May be required to i
Interact swith internal and external auditing groups to ensure risk and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews exception items and takes action to approve or decline suspended transactions.
- Various reporting duties as assigned.
- May assist less experienced peers.
- May be assigned various training duties.
- Completes Annual Credit Reviews on EPS Merchant Portfolio.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.