Senior Scala Software Engineer
As a Scala Engineer for the Banno Platform at Jack Henry, you’ll get the chance to make a positive impact on people’s lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. The Scala Engineer creates highly scalable APIs to normalize access to multiple banking systems for use in our mobile and online banking clients. Scala engineers develop and support production systems, utilizing tools like cats, fs2, http4s, doobie, and more. You’ll work on a team deploying and monitoring their own services.
About the Banno Team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, and openness. Our team is highly distributed, meaning you will work with kind, talented engineers from across the United States. You’ll get the chance to contribute to products that are used by hundreds of thousands of people. Occasional travel may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
This position will be filled out of Cedar Falls, IA, Des Moines, IA, Springfield, MO or as a 100% REMOTE.
If interested, please apply on or before Wednesday May 22nd 2019.
- Minimum 6 years of any programming experience.
- Experience with Microservice Architecture in a production environment is helpful but not required.
- Experience with Scala in a production environment is helpful but not required.
- Experience with the cats or scalaz, http4s, and doobie libraries is helpful but not required.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.