Systems Automation Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies within the cloud environment? If so, this opportunity might be perfect for you. Jack Henry and Associates is seeking a highly motivated Systems Automation Engineer who will blend Systems Engineering with DevOps automation. Ideal candidates will support system development and administration as part of continuous deployment, continuous integration, and infrastructure automation projects. This position will system analysis, daily administration, as well as being involved in projects tasks. This is an excellent opportunity to work with leading edge technologies and be part of a team that sets the direction of Jack Henry’s cloud!
About this Team
Jack Henry & Associates Cloud Services team support deployments and operations across many Jack Henry services (public and/or private internal cloud). This position will report to the Cloud Services – Service Design & Deployment Manager and will work on a team with other technology professionals. Possible travel up to 25% to attend a Jack Henry & Associates meeting or attend a conference.
This position can be worked out of the following Jack Henry offices; Monett, MO, Springfield, MO, Allen, TX, Houston, TX or be 100% REMOTE.
- Minimum 18 months of experience with systems engineering or systems development.
- Must have experience with or knowledge of Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience with containerization technologies (example: Docker, Kubernetes or Garden RunC).
- Experience with Pivotal, Open Source Cloud Foundry, or Octopus environments.
- Experience building automation deployment from Jenkins, using Chef, Puppet or equivalent tooling.
- Automated unit testing and mock testing experience with such tools as TestNG or Junit.
- Experience in agile development environments (i.e. scrum).
- Experience with automating application and infrastructure delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience with supporting and implementing cloud native automation and orchestration tools such as Mesos, Marathon, or Kubernetes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology.
- Provide operational system administration support for enterprise applications in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Assists with IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Contribute to the technical design and implementation of system deployment automation and configuration management tools.
- Construct, improve and maintain the automated deployment pipelines.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Monitor alerting systems and servers.
- Review issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Maintain in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Use appropriate tooling associated with DevOps engineering and system configuration management.
- Assists with the preparation of systems assessments or certifications.
- Assists with the execution of test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.
- Assist with network disaster recovery initiatives. Implement solutions to streamline disaster recovery.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.