Systems Administration Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your leadership skills and work with the latest system designs and operations in a cloud driven enterprise environment? If so, this position might be perfect for you! We’re looking for a Systems Administration Manager, who will be responsible for design, deployment, and operation of new service offerings into the Jack Henry Cloud Services datacenter, which can include capacity planning, documentation and testing of all services. Candidates will be triaging cases, testing and maintaining systems and assisting with deployments of applications as needed. As a leader, you will be involved with special projects as needed and will look for areas to improve processes and procedures and work collaboratively with your team.
As a manager, you will be expected to be hands-on with your team technically, this is not just a management position. To succeed, ideal candidates must be flexible to assist with daily technical support, handle escalated issues and supervisor a small team of four to seven employees. Travel up to 25% will be required on either a monthly or every other month basis to Springfield, MO and or Lenexa, KS for attending meetings, etc.
About this Team
Jack Henry & Associates Hosted Partner Services team support deployments and operations across many Jack Henry services (public and/or private internal cloud). This position will report to the Senior Manager of Systems Administration and will work on a team with 14 other technology professionals across several offices. Must be able to work after hours as business needs dictate for monthly maintenance of systems.
This position will be hired in and worked from the Allen, TX office.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in Windows Server Administration 2008 and newer.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership, supervisory or manager experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Highly Prefer Scripting Experience (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Linux administration experience.
- ITIL Foundations certified.
- Octopus Deploy experience.
- Ensures systems are monitored for optimum performance and availability.
- Oversees the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of systems (LAN, WAN, Internet and/or data networks).
- Oversees the implementation of system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Ensures that customer and internally-reported system problems are resolved.
- Provides direction in the implementation and monitoring of corporate security policies.
- Ensures system procedures, policies and events are documented and implemented.
- Schedules 24x7 support on-call rotation.
- Manages system backup and restore testing processes.
- Manages periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- May also be responsible for planning and leading the maintenance and administration of all SQL, web and/or application servers.
- Responsible for department budget.
- Performs hiring, firing, objective setting, performance appraisals, coaching and pay reviews.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.