C# Software Engineer
Are you someone who enjoys programming in C# and solving complex problems? If so, this position could be a great fit for you! Jack Henry and Associates is seeking to hire a motivated individual to join this growing team as a C# Software Engineer, reporting to the Software Engineering Manager. Candidates for this position will be focused on development, custom coding, and bug fixes for Jack Henry’s teller products; SilverLake Teller and CIF 20/20 Teller. This position will manage the workload coming from the product support staff. Ideal candidates will want to continue to expand their C# programming skills in this fast-paced environment, while also growing their skillset with WPF and usage of business services.
About this Team:
Working within Banking Teller Development, this team provides support and development to Jack Henry’s teller system, by creating and maintaining the user interface for SilverLake Teller or CIF 20/20 Teller products. This team of 6 employees is split with focus on either RPG code on the System i or C# code for the client applications.
Birmingham, AL office.
- Minimum 2 years of technical experience in C#.
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Familiarity with XML such as parsing, serialization, deserialization, and/or schema definition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science highly preferred.
- Prefer experience with WPF.
- Experience with Design Patterns.
- Experience with Web Service consumption and creation.
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Banking/Teller experience.
- SOA knowledge/experience.
- TFS knowledge and experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for quick resolution of code defects.
- Strong interpersonal skills being able to deal with support staff and engaging with customers.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.