Security Officer (Weekend Shift - Full Time)
Are you someone who has a passion for maintaining a safe corporate environment but also wants to be part of an exciting and growing team? If so, this position might be for you! We’re seeking to hire a great opportunity to join Jack Henry as a Security Officer, reporting to the Asset Protection Supervisor. Candidates for this position will be responsible for securing 14 buildings, campus and grounds security, detecting any suspicious behavior, preventing vandalism, authorizing entrance for visitors and patrolling premises by regularly walking up to 12 miles per day. Ideal candidates will protect our premises, assets, employees and visitors.
This is a Weekend shift position, requiring the working hours of Friday – Sunday 5:50 am - 7:10 pm.
About this Team:
Working as part of Security & Compliance Services, this team is responsible for security of Jack Henry’s Monett Campus, making sure that vendors, contractors and visitors are being protected, all while following Jack Henry’s Security procedures. Candidates will be working on a team with 8 employees who are mix of security officers, asset protection and supervisors.
This position will be worked in Monett, MO.
- A minimum 6 months of experience in Building Security, Grounds Security, Patrolling or general Security.
- Must have customer facing skills or customer service experience.
- Must be able to work on weekends as business needs dictate.
- Prefer candidates to reside within 50 miles (1-hour drive time) of the Monett Campus.
- Monitors access to buildings, grounds, and permits authorized people to enter property.
- Regularly patrols buildings and grounds of assigned property. Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Conducts foot patrols of company property during the nighttime and weekend hours to maintain employee safety. Identify unsecured openings or doors and other potential dangers.
- Evaluates, observes, and reports incidents, and dispatches additional security officers or notify appropriate agency (i.e. Police, Fire, or EMS) if necessary.
- Provides information and assistance to employees and guests as needed.
- Investigates non-criminal activities, and responds to general calls for service, such as accessing locked buildings, assisting motorists, and providing escorts.
- Monitors fire alarm systems and assists the Fire Department in locating fire and evacuating buildings.
- Monitors the local weather channel and radar and follow procedure in the event of severe weather conditions in preparation of potential damage.
- Assists with the education of new and current employees on safety and security policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.