Technical Support Manager (Applications Support)
Manages the activities of the support analyst personnel providing product support to customers via the telephone and/or internet. Ensures the highest level of service to resolve the customer's issue and restore the customer to fully functioning status, while strengthening the customer-JHA relationship. This is a collaborative environment that is team-focused. While each case is worked individually, the team comes together to develop resolutions. This role is available in San Diego and requires no business travel.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in a client-support role.
- Previous leadership experience required.
- Previous Episys experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Oversees the daily operation of one or more departments. Directs staff in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and programs. Manages the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results including costs, methods and staffing. Adheres to both company policy and governmental regulations concerning department and direct employee activities. Manages departmental structure, workforce planning, career development, training, planning and budgeting. Responsible for department budget. Performs hiring, firing, objective setting, performance appraisals, coaching and pay reviews.
- High-level knowledge of the financial industry as it relates to banks and credit unions.
- High-level knowledge of product(s) supported and excellent knowledge of other core and complimentary products.
- Able to identify and resolve application and service issues.
- Able to provide outstanding customer service as set forth by corporate polices and standards.
- Able to successfully manage a support function in the identification and resolution of product problems and issues while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer interaction skills in accordance with SLS policies and guidelines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ensures resolution of customer product issues or problems by establishing and managing solution systems that provide answers to common questions and problems.
- Takes escalated calls from customers that have needs beyond what department resources can provide. Works with personnel from various departments to coordinate efforts and provide resolution to customer or procedural issues. Accurately assesses the customer's product issue or problem.
- Conveys customer feedback to product development staff; reports new or recurring problems to design departments.
- Manages the research of customer problems/issues to provide the highest level of support possible. Keeps current on most recent changes and/or upgrades for company products and services.
- Manages the identification and resolution of application and service issues and any other questions that may arise.
- Develops procedures for finding and resolving problems with products and services. Delegates to appropriate technical or service personnel for follow-up.
- Ensures representatives are properly trained when existing products are upgraded, or new products are released.
- Ensures performance of the applications support group is within established Service Level Standard (SLS) guidelines and adheres to corporate policies.
- May maintain a current operational guide to satisfy audit requirements; ensures all applications support personnel are trained and familiar with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and any updates or changes.
- Performs employee evaluations periodically; gives employee feedback and coaching to develop and improve performance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.