Strategic Project Manager
Are you someone who is interested in working with high-level executives to oversee the successful delivery of their strategic objectives? If so, this role might be perfect for you. Jack Henry and Associates is seeking to hire an experienced Strategic Project Manager. Candidates for this role will work with internal and external teams to manage project execution, risks, issues and take corrective measures to ensure deadlines are being met and completed projects are successfully handed over to operational teams. This role will work closely with Project Managers, our Customer Relationship Managers (CRM’s), Jack Henry Senior Executives, and our customer’s Executive Management to ensure the success of key strategic project initiatives. Ideal candidates will have a solid banking or financial technology background, coupled with project management/program management experience to manage several large core banking customers.
About this Team:
Working as part of the Customer Relationship Management PMO, this team provides contracted program and project management services to mid-tier banking customers. Candidates will be joining a small team of 4 employees who all work remotely in various US locations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project or program management within the banking or financial technology industries.
- Must have Microsoft Project experience.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience with Office 365 (Teams, Flow, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with SharePoint preferred.
- Manages the development and implementation of new or upgraded products and/or manages the creation and implementation of corporate processes.
- Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded products or corporate processes.
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending.
- Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project is on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills.
- Manages programs made up of multiple field support projects with the objective of successfully implementing software or other services.
- Serves as liaison between the company and customer in order to ensure all implementation requirements and targets are met.
- Monitors and tracks all escalated issues to resolution.
- May assists in the implementation of program management tools and methodologies.
- May assists in the creation of standard templates for program management deliverables.
- Provides mentoring and support to other project managers in dealing with project management issues for assigned projects.
- May assist less experienced peers. May act as a team lead.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.