Are you passionate about problem solving through the lens of user-centric design? Come join our growing product team for Banno (banno.com) at Jack Henry. Help us make a real, positive impact on people’s daily lives. Our mission is to give the best possible experience a user can have with their finances. We’re doing this by reimagining the digital banking ecosystem. Building products that both empower and delight. As a Product Designer you will help to craft a variety of Banno user experiences that span across the web, mobile and beyond.
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness — the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have meaningful impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech start-up, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With our small team of product designers, we place a high value on individuals who are self-motivated and can work across the design disciplines of IA, UX, and visual design.
About this Team
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want as long as your work hours match US business hours. Travel will be up to 5% for onsite user testing and attending conferences.
This position will be hired out of Springfield, MO/ Des Moines, IA / Cedar Falls, IA and or as 100% REMOTE.
- Must have a minimum of 18 months professional experience in UX and or UI design.
- Must be able to provide examples of previous design work (portfolio site or pdf).
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience with industry standard design and prototyping tools: Sketch, InVision, Principle or similar programs.
- Experience with best practices and design patterns for web and mobile environments.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and constraints while designing thoughtful solutions.
- Assists with turning high level product requirements into workflows and designs.
- Creates clean, intuitive, and responsive interfaces with reusable design patterns.
- Defines user requirements, creates detailed specifications, and develops usability test plans.
- Creates wireframes and prototype interfaces for testing, analysis, and review to ensure technical business needs are met with user interface design.
- Assists with new user interface testing and participate in usability reviews to get feedback on new designs.
- Collaborates with development, product management, and customers to understand and establish the user requirements for current and future software applications.
- Creates detailed specifications for user interface designs to guide development teams.
- Ensures products meet high standards of usability and design excellence.
- Remains current on user interface design trends and programming techniques and suggest new tools and methods as necessary.
- Plans and implements standards for design concept and implementation. May evaluate technologies against industry standards.
- Approaches design from a humble perspective that places a high level of importance on user empathy.
- Communicates clearly and effectively across small teams to foster a friendly collaborative work environment.
- Rapidly iterates on design solutions based on user feedback and technical needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.