Jack Henry & Associates, a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry, is seeking an agile Benefits Manager to join their team of 12 Total Rewards professionals managing the Benefits team of six, focused on supporting a rapidly growing organization with over 6,500 associates in 35 locations across 23 states.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded benefits team leader looking for an opportunity to help drive continuous process improvements in delivering health and wellness programs, in partnership with HR Business Partners and business leaders. If you are comfortable with change and passionate about benefits and supporting associates in achieving goals, you should consider joining our team and report directly to the Senior Manager of Total Rewards. The person that fills this role will also be responsible for collaborating with the team to enhance total rewards programs, communicating and marketing those programs to the managers and our associates and assisting managers with change management of enhanced Total Rewards programs that will be implemented.
This position will be hired in the Allen, TX office.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with benefits administration.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory or management experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, project management, decision-making, and time management skills.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Good understanding of HRIS systems.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Able to process, manipulate, and summarize reports.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP).
- Responsible for full scope of activities associated with the administration and communication of the company’s benefit plans including but not limited to: health, dental, and vision insurance, income protection, retirement, and related programs. Ensures programs are carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manages activities of benefits staff to ensure efficient resource allocation and development. Ensures processes and procedures are documented and followed. Establishes and maintains an effective team environment.
- Functions as primary liaison and contact for benefit vendors. Ensures that benefit plan agreements and contracts are accurate and up to date. Maintains plan documents and summary plan descriptions to ensure compliance with regulatory mandates and legislation. Assists with negotiating coverage, services and costs with carriers and brokers.
- Prepares employee benefit communication materials to inform employees of plan benefits, changes, and updates. Develops programs and initiatives designed to keep employees informed and enhance understanding of company benefit plans and proposed changes. Ensures that programs are current with regard to trends, practices and costs.
- Ensure that weekly benefit vendor interfaces are operating as designed and eligibility data is reconciled and audited on a regular basis. Review and approve monthly invoices and billings.
- Identify necessary changes in business processes to ensure efficient and accurate workflow and the best utilization of HRIS system capabilities in order to fit the company’s business needs. Works with HR team members to develop and implement improved processes.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the annual Open Enrollment process. Communicates provisions of benefits plans through benefit guides, videos, e-mail announcements and on-site or virtual employee meetings.
- Develops and manages company-wide wellness program and strategies to improve employee health and productivity.
- Monitors trends in employee benefit plans by participating in surveys and benchmarking competitors to ensure competitiveness. Analyzes survey results and develops recommendations for changes/adjustments if necessary.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws, including, but not limited to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), etc.
- Manages claim appeals and the resolution of escalated issues and ensures that issues are resolved to completion.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.