Sr. Programmer Analyst (iSeries, AS400)
This job posting is no longer active
We are seeking a Sr. Programmer Analyst to join the Card Processing Solutions team here at Jack Henry & Associates. In this role, you will provide programming support for existing software enhancements across all CPS products. As a Programmer Analyst you will be responsible for the following: scoping/research, software implementation, data conversion, vendor testing and certifications.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with iSeries (AS400, SystemI).
- Must be available for an on-call rotation during nights and weekends as needed. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to perform high level troubleshooting abilities, coupled with analytical and debugging skills necessary to analyze issues related to RPGLE and CLLE, ability to modify programs, write fix programs to correct data.
- Ability to write software code; strong knowledge of appropriate programming language(s).
- Experience within the financial industry or ATM/debit card processing.
- Strong knowledge of Softlanding’s Turnover for iSeries Change Management application.
- Strong communication and customer interaction skills.
- Develops programming code for new and/or existing software enhancements.
- Devises block diagrams, logic procedures and prepares flowcharting.
- Troubleshoots and debugs existing code.
- Tests code and fixes to ensure quality.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans; implements newly created code and fixes into existing software.
- Must be able to participate in on-call rotation after hours on nights and weekends to provide support for customers
- Provides programming support for various interfaces.
- Keeps customers informed of all enhancements, troubleshooting, and fixes; may assist the customer in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- May complete project bids and/or work effort estimates. Interacts with customers to gather system requirements.
- Serves as project lead on complex projects.
- Mentors, trains, develops and provides support to less experienced co-workers.
- Familiar with iSeries operating system for navigation and resolving compile issues which may be related to OS errors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.