This job posting is no longer active
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career in an enterprise cloud environment supporting systems administration? If so, this position might be perfect for you. Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Systems Administrator who will be responsible for monitoring, modifying, and maintaining systems for acceptable availability, stability and response time to customers. Candidates also will be involved with deployment of application updates, new products, and troubleshooting performance issues. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in systems administration in both Windows and Linux environments. Candidates must be able to work as part of a collaborative team, as well as be comfortable completing projects on their own. A successful candidate will look for areas to improve processes and procedures and are not satisfied with the status-quo.
About this Team:
Working as part of Hosted Partner Cloud Services, this team is responsible for the implementation, operations and oversight of Jack Henry’s services in the Cloud Services datacenter. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Systems Administration, this team of 15 employees is located throughout several Jack Henry offices
This position will be hired in and worked out of Allen, TX.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in Windows Server System Administration 2008 or newer.
- Minimum 2 years of scripting experience (PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.).
- Experience with or knowledge of SQL.
- Linux administration highly preferred.
- ITIL Foundations certified.
- Prefer previous experience with Octopus Deploy.
- PowerShell scripting highly preferred.
- Monitors systems for optimum performance and availability.
- Installs, configures and maintains systems, such as LAN, WAN, Internet and/or data networks.
- Implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer and internally-reported system problems.
- Implements and monitors corporate security policies.
- Documents and implements system procedures, policies and events.
- Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
- Performs essential functions required for effective system backup and restore testing.
- Performs periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- May manage data access and data permissions.
- Assists in managing user accounts.
- May assist support groups with applications installed on servers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.