Business Consultant (IT or Business Processing)
Are you someone who is process orientated, technically driven and enjoys working with customers? If so, this position might be perfect for you. Jack Henry and Associates is seeking to hire a highly motivated Business Consultant to join our growing team. In this role, candidates will be supporting the jhaEnterprise Workflow product that is installed in all brands of Jack Henry & Associates (Banking, Symitar and ProfitStars). The Business Consultant will work with our Jack Henry & Associates clients to help determine how jhaEnterprise Workflow can help improve our customers business processes by assisting with design and implementation of each workflow to ensure successful customer engagement. The team environment is Windows Operating System and MS SQL Server. The ideal Business Consultant would have awareness of Web Services and the ability to understand XML and XLST.
About this Team:
Working as part of the Enterprise Integration Services, this team supports internally developed but external marketed products for Jack Henry’s customers (phone, email and onsite) to determine what business processes can be addressed with jhaEnterprise Workflow. Candidates will be part of a larger team of 14 employees, with 7 employees who are focused just on workflow, mostly working in the Birmingham and Lenexa offices.
This position can be located in Birmingham, AL (Preferred), Lenexa, KS, Allen, TX or Springfield, MO.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in consulting in the areas of either Information Technology and or Business Processes.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% for customer onsite engagement.
- Must have experience providing direct support to external customer over phone, email and onsite.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with XML and XLST highly preferred
- Web Service Experience.
- Business Analyst Background.
- Conducts on-site customer operational and/or systems analysis resulting in problem identification. During engagements, identifies operational and system enhancement opportunities.
- Drafts proposals, including detailed reports that outline the findings and recommendations for process improvement.
- Based on results, designs solutions and hardware/software specifications by creating detailed documents.
- Supports customers by utilizing data analytic tools and identifying ways to improve key performance factors.
- Effectively discusses JHA products, services and solutions with customers to ensure client retention.
- Creates solution deployment strategy.
- Ensures testing and customer training are referred to support organizations.
- Assist less experienced peers.
- May create project plans to monitor progress, assuring all milestones are completed as projected.
- May have some financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing.
- May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities.
- May identify company products or services sales opportunities to fulfill customer’s current or future needs and communicates to appropriate sales team.
- May assist customers in evaluating marketing plans, identifying strategic marketing initiatives and monitoring progress of a programs performance.
- May assist customers in the design and development of marketing plans for products and services.
- May communicate marketing campaigns and assist customers with the campaign program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.