Senior Data Center Facilities Engineer
Are you someone that has a passion for maintenance operations and workplace improvements? If this sounds like you, then we are looking to hire a Senior Data Center Facilities Engineer. This candidate will be dual support for the Allen Data Center, as well as provide additional support to 2 other buildings in Allen, TX as needed. Candidates will perform various tasks associated with the facilities maintenance operations of one or more data center facilities, ensuring that all building support systems are fully functional, properly maintained, and inspected according to appropriate maintenance schedules and code requirements. Other duties include coordinating, scheduling and overseeing the work of service contractors and other trade representatives and daily walk through of facilities. Candidates will insure proper use of facilities and equipment, in compliance with policies, governmental laws and regulatory requirements.
About this Team:
Working as part of the Corporate Facilities Group of 50 associates, this team manages the construction, physical operations, and maintenance of JHA offices and Data Centers. This small team of 6 is focused on the physical operations and critical system of the data centers.
This position will be worked out of the Allen, TX data center.
- Minimum 6 of experience in data center facilities operations management.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Prefer Construction Management or Facilities Management Certifications.
- Familiarity with regulatory environments.
- Able to design efficient layouts of any setting related to a facility or data center operations environment.
- Able to define facility and functional requirements, troubleshoot and problem solve as projects progress.
- Able to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple and complex projects.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and one-line schematics.
- Responsible for the most efficient and cost-effective planning, organization, and layout of company facilities working toward economy of operation, maximum use of facilities and equipment, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Delegates specific areas of responsibility to other facilities engineers.
- Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
- Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation and other related costs.
- Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
- Inspects construction and installation progress for conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Develops criteria and performance specifications required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes.
- Serves as liaison with outside contractors and vendors of equipment and supplies.
- May be involved in office move coordination.
- May maintain facilities for assigned region.
- May sign bids and make financial decisions related to projects within an established limit.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.