Systems / Network Advisor (REMOTE)
The Gladiator Network Service team is looking for Network Engineer to join our hosted solutions group. Gladiator is known for providing all its Jack Henry branded clients with top tier network, system and cloud technologies as well as an excellent customer experience. We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and love to work closely with our clients and develop strong relationships with their team members. You will work with a team of 37 Engineers and must possess the ability to enhance the team’s overall technical aptitude. The technical environment you will support is Windows Server based: utilize VMware / Cloud Solutions / Horizon View and Backup Solutions. Software experience required will focus on Office 365, Active Directory, backup technologies such as Rapid Recovery.
You must be able to interface with executive level personnel as well as all levels of engineers and provide technical analysis, troubleshooting abilities, and well-rounded project management skills to ensure customer needs are adequality addressed and in a timely manner. You will provide extensive system reviews to external clients and discuss trends and general health observations within their environment. You will conduct meetings where you will focus on historical trends, current observations, and discussions regarding hardware and software recommendations & upgrades that align with the customer’s IT environment and with their business goals and objectives. You will be responsible for implementing and supporting these system changes. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before February 22, 2019.
This position can be based to work out of the following Jack Henry office locations: Springfield, MO (Blackman location) and/or Remote.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in any of the following fields: IT Operations, Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer and or IT Management.
- Must have experience working in a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or higher environment.
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday 8 AM – 5 PM CST
- Must be able to provide support 24x7 as required.
- Must be available for after-hours support for customer issues, including critical issues, software upgrades, or outages.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% attend additional training, conferences, and traveling to customer sites.
- Experience in administrating, installing, and/or supporting cloud-based solutions.
- Minimum 1-year project management or similar IT management experience.
- Experience in configuration, implementation and support with end user Computing Technologies that include Virtual Desktop. Infrastructure (VDI), VMware Horizon View, Microsoft RDS, or other remote desktop solutions.
- Backup products such as: AppAssure & Rapid Recovery.
- Microsoft Exchange and/or Office 365 environments.
- Applicable technical certification(s) preferred (MCSE, MCITP, VMWARE VCP).
- Operations experience within a Managed Service Support Product model.
- Experience within JHA banking software & support.
- Participate in IT steering committee meetings, change control meetings and processes, and participate in customer audits offering assistance and advice regarding implemented technologies.
- Build out processes and Operating Level Agreements (OLA) with all JHA departments associated with customer environments.
- Serve as the central point of contact and track all open cases and work closely with customer and other JHA departments to ensure all customer concerns and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide ongoing support, system updates and feedback to customers regarding 3rd party and FDIC audit examination results and proper archival of results and remediation efforts through cases.
- Attend a quarterly call with customer to perform an overall health review of MITS Alarms, Networking equipment, Patching services, and applicable Systems review to include: Active Directory, Anti-virus, Backups, DHCP, DNS, Disk space utilization, Exchange mail server, Recovery Technologies, and Event Log review.
- Installs current network operating system on new or existing devices and/or installs communication equipment including routers, switches and firewalls.
- Installs software on networking devices.
- Provides phone support to employees or customers relative to networking technology.
- Analyzes network topologies to determine potential issues and makes suggestions for recommended changes.
- Creates network assessments and certifications.
- Assists and mentors less experienced peers. Acts as a team lead.
- Serves in an advisory capacity for technical decisions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.