Jack Henry & Associates is a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry. We are seeking an Accounting Manager for our growing team! This is a new position on our External Reporting team and the primary responsibility for the Accounting Manager will be to ensure compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting and disclosure requirements. This position will also oversee our compliance with GAAP over Stock-based Compensation. The candidate will work closely with and take direction from the Sr. Director of External Reporting as well as work with teams across various Accounting functions.
This individual will assist in monthly and quarterly financial close activities including: journal entries, analytics, insuring controls are operating effectively and balance sheet account reconciliations. Must have advanced Excel experience with large spreadsheets and complex formulas. You will use (PeopleSoft) Finance Supply Chain Management system, Equity Edge for stock-based compensation, and SEC filing software (including XBRL) and should be comfortable in comparing large data sets from multiple systems. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before April 29, 2019.
This position can be based in one of the following office locations – Allen, TX/ Lenexa, KS/ Shawnee, KS / and or Springfield, MO (Montclair location).
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in technical GAAP and SEC compliance.
- Must have previous leadership experience.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% for overnight travel to Monett for team meetings.
- Master’s degree or CPA.
- Manages the development, implementation and maintenance all accounting systems, including but not limited to: Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, Cash Flows, etc. in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures.
- Designs operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency.
- Ensures integration of data produced into systems and supports objectives of financial analysts.
- Participates in annual audits and special projects.
- May work with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper recordkeeping for historical purposes.
- Ensures area of responsibility is in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- May assist in budgeting and forecasting processes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.