C# Software Engineer
This job posting is no longer active
Are you someone who enjoys programming in C# and solving complex problems? If so, this position could be a great fit for you! Jack Henry and Associates is seeking to hire a motivated individual to join this growing 6 person team as a C# Software Engineer. Candidates for this position will be focused on development, support, custom coding, and bug fixes for Jack Henry’s teller products; SilverLake Teller and CIF 20/20 Teller. Ideal candidates will want to continue to expand their C# programming skills in this fast-paced environment, while also growing their skillset with WPF and usage of business services.
- 5 years of technical experience in C#.
- 3 years of experience with WPF.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Experience with XML such as parsing, serialization, deserialization, and/or schema definition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science highly preferred.
- RPG programming knowledge highly preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for quick resolution of code defects.
- Experience with i-Series/ AS400.
- Web Services experience (Including WCF).
- UI Design experience.
- Device Integration experience (i.e.: signature pads, scanners, etc.)
- Multi-Threading experience.
- Experience with Design Patterns.
- Experience with Web Service consumption and creation.
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Banking/Teller experience.
- SOA knowledge/experience.
- TFS knowledge and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills being able to deal with support staff and engaging with customers.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project cost/effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. May participate in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.