Systems Support Engineer (Remote)
Are you a Systems Support Engineer with a passion for the Cloud base Solutions? The Gladiator Network Service team is looking for a System Support Engineer to join our hosted solutions group. Gladiator is known for providing all of its Jack Henry branded clients with top tier network, system and cloud technologies as well as an excellent customer experience. We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and love to work closely with our clients and develop strong relationships with their team members. Travel is up to 5% attend additional training and or a conference.
We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and love to work closely with our clients and develop strong relationships with their team members. You will work with a team of 15 Engineers that bring various levels of expertise. You will need to be able to provide technical mentorship to ensure team collaboration and the ability to enhance over all team technical aptitude. The technical environment you will support is Windows Server based: utilize VMware / Cloud Solutions / Network Storage and Backup Solutions. You will provide technical troubleshooting support to all external Jack Henry customers remotely; utilizing VPN and or Cloud based technologies. You must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as you will provide solutions to our customers via email and or phone. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before January 19, 2019.
This position can be based to work out of the following Jack Henry office locations: Springfield, MO (Blackman location) and or Remote.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience with in a systems administrator or systems engineering role.
- Must have experience working in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or higher environment.
- Associates degree
- Cloud based solutions.
- Experience in configuration, implementation and support with any of the following that are listed: End User Computing Technologies that include Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), VMware Horizon View or Citrix XenDesktop or any other Remote Presentation technologies.
- Backup products such as: AppAssure & Rapid Recovery.
- Microsoft Exchange & or Office 365 environments.
- Applicable technical certification(s) preferred (MCSE, MCITP, VMWARE VCP).
- Dell EqualLogic SAN experience.
- Dell Server experience.
- iSCSI storage network experience.
- Operations experience within a Manage Service Support Product model.
- Experience within JHA banking software & support.
- Experience in configuration, implementation and support with ESX/ESXi host servers.
- Installs current network operating system on new or existing devices and/or installs communication equipment including routers, switches and firewalls.
- Installs software on networking devices.
- Provides phone support to employees or customers relative to networking technology.
- Analyzes network topologies to determine potential issues and makes suggestions for recommended changes.
- Assists with the preparation of network assessments and certifications.
- Additional essential functions for network installations at a customer site:
- Installs current network operating server software on new or existing server-class hardware and/or installs communication equipment including routers, terminal servers, switches and firewalls.
- Installs supporting applications and peripherals on servers including tape backup hardware and software, email software, anti-virus software, etc. and/or implement technologies.
- Installs user workstation hardware, operating software and various application software and/or pre-configured equipment.
- Configures user IDs and customer-specific settings on servers and transfers data from the old environment to the new environment.
- Corresponds with customer and other divisions within the company to insure all customer concerns and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Prepares statements of work relative to upcoming network installations and general preparations for installations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.