Release Engineer (C#, .Net, DevOps)
This job posting is no longer active
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Release Engineer to join our iPay Solutions division. In this role, you will be responsible for working within the release management shared services group and be responsible for configuring and deploying applications and services to common development environments and ensuring they are up to date. The Release Management group is responsible for overseeing projects move through our SDLC process leading to successful production deployment. This role is not only a task driven position, but also requires you to deliver solutions to help improve automation and efficiency within the group, Agile teams, and across the organization.
We are looking for a self-starter who has the ambition and drive to learn evolving technology solutions. To be successful, you must have a strong attention to detail and display a willingness to adapt to changes in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in release or configuration engineering, or C#/.Net experience.
- Must have experience with DevOps concepts and practices e.g. Continuous integration, continuous deployment, Continuous Delivery.
- Must have experience working in a windows environment.
- Must have experience with TFS or Azure DevOps.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum/Kanban teams.
- PowerShell experience or similar automation scripting and/or tools.
- Experience in PCI or other regulated environments.
- Experience with automation and improvement.
- Desired State configuration transformations.
- Performs all configuration engineering tasks associated with the development and implementation of new or upgraded products.
- Works collaboratively with all departmental or cross-functional teams to understand business and functional requirements to develop automation, requirements and deliverables.
- Supports project(s) through its lifecycle. Applies standard project management methodology ensuring project completion is on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Implements corporate processes and procedures to streamline and improve the release of product builds.
- Provides guidance, coaching, and training on configuration and release management best practices
- Develops tools to assist in build automation and ensures, where possible, that an automated approach is taken to all aspects of product builds and management.
- Recommends new technologies and platforms that will increase efficiency and quality of product builds.
- Provides technical guidance and support to product development teams with tool integration and workflows.
- Prepares and communicates configuration/release plans and procedures.
- Monitors, records, and controls change to maintain product integrity.
- Communicates changes to impacted areas both effectively and proactively.
- Leads and actively engages in meetings and group discussions to move issues forward
- Produces regular reports and performance metrics.
- Prepares technical documentation for support.
- Manages and maintains the integrity of a configuration asset repository for all documentation and software.
- Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of the release management process across the organization, and makes recommendations for improvement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.