The Systems Operations & Automation (SOA) team is seeking an experienced Server Administrator to join their growing team. Reporting to the Systems Operations & Automation Supervisor, this team is responsible for the entire server lifecycle including provisioning, deployment, support, and end of life, systems management, configuration management, platforms management (Azure, SaaS based apps, etc.), and assisting with process automation. This position is with our JHA Server Operations team and will be primarily focused on configuration and support of Windows and Linux based servers and services.
Successful candidates will be hardworking and self-motivating, like working on a team, but also capable of completing a project on time and on your own. Individuals will look for areas to improve processes, as well as enjoy learning new technology. Top candidates will be capable of developing scripts, programs, and workflows to automate tasks and processes and will understand the business impact and how to interpret business requirements.
This position can be worked out of: Lenexa, KS, Springfield, MO, Monett, MO, Allen, TX, Houston, TX or REMOTE.
About this Team:
SOA currently consists of 26 members across several disciplines. We’re dispersed team with Associates in multiple US location, including remote. A normal day may include: completing support cases, troubleshooting issues, writing scripts, creating/updating documentation and diagrams, updating configurations, testing and deploying code to production servers, working with internal business partners to automate processes and configurations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Windows or Linux server administration.
- Must have working experience PowerShell scripting.
- Must be able to work on-call rotation and may potentially work nights and weekends based on business needs.
- Experience with one or more modern scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Bash, Python, Perl etc.).
- Experience with one or more automation tools (Chef Automate, System Center Orchestrator, System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Service Management Automation, Azure Automation, Ansible, Salt and Puppet etc.).
- Applicable industry standard certification(s) preferred.
- Experience with Git, GitHub, GitLab.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and principles.
- Basic project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Designs IT infrastructure solutions.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Monitors systems for optimum performance and availability.
- Installs, configures and maintains systems.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer and internally-reported system problems.
- Implements and monitors corporate security policies.
- Documents and implements system procedures, policies and events.
- Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
- Performs essential functions required for effective system backup and restore testing.
- Performs periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- May assist support groups with applications installed on various servers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.