Accounting Analyst (Excel)
Jack Henry & Associates is a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry. We are seeking an Accounting Analyst for our growing team! If you have solid analytical skills, are detail driven, and can handle working in a fast-paced environment; this may be the right fit for you! This is a new position on our Finance BAR Team / External Reporting and the primary responsibility for the Accounting Analyst will be to ensure balance sheet and revenue are recorded accurately. Must have advanced Excel experience with large spreadsheets and complex formulas. The candidate will work closely with and take direction from the accounting manager as well as work with teams across various Accounting functions.
This individual will assist in month end financial close activities including: journal entries, analytics, insuring controls are operating effectively and balance sheet account reconciliations. This individual will use (PeopleSoft) Finance Supply Chain Management system, RevPro system and should be comfortable in comparing large data sets from multiple systems. Must have solid interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before January 25, 2019.
This position can be based in one of the following office locations – Springfield, MO (Montclair location), Monett, MO or Lenexa, KS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of experience in any of the following industries: Banking / Credit Union / Accounting or Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Must have Excel experience working with large spreadsheets and nested formulas.
- CPA, CMA, CIA or other accounting, financial or audit certification.
- Records, classifies, and posts details of business transactions in accordance with accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Prepares journal entries and monthly financial statements.
- Performs balance sheet account analysis and reconciliation to the General Ledger.
- Compiles various analyses for management review on a periodic basis. Works closely with operations managers to develop pertinent reports and/or analysis that will aid them in making managerial decisions about their line of business.
- Conducts research projects in specific area of Accounting and responds to all inquiries.
- Reviews, monitors and resolves reports pertaining to billing, revenue flow and/or expenditures.
- Assists with the monthly and annual budget and forecast with input from the various department heads and managers.
- Collaborates with managers to assist in translating their operational requirements into financial statement formatting.
- Performs monthly review of P&L reports; may include variance analysis.
- Works with managers to explain variances.
- Acts as financial liaison for operations.
- Performs other special projects as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.