Do you have a passion for software development and would love the opportunity to work with a number of different technologies including tiff, jpeg, COFF, X937, MySQL, Oracle, C#, compressed text files, proprietary, and even encrypted files? This may be the right opportunity for you! This Software Engineer is a part of ProfitStars - Enterprise Conversion Solutions business unit. Enterprise Conversion Solutions focuses on the conversion of financial data, generally coming from Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems.
You would be a part of a large team of developers, that enhance, maintain and develop new software for our conversion services. You will be working closely with an R&D group that develops new utilities, applications and platforms. There is opportunity for advancement to many different areas within the ECS group, such as; research and development (R&D), advanced support engineer and Systems Discovery Engineer.
The engineer is supporting external Jack Henry & Associates clients and will communicate through phone and email support. You must possess the ability to multitask and remain organized in the midst of multiple, ongoing projects and proactively learn and adapt in an exciting, ever-changing environment. Travel is up to 10% to meet with other team members. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before January 25, 2019.
This position can be based to work out of any of the following Jack Henry office locations: Birmingham, AL or Springfield, MO (Blackman).
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Associates degree.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of technical experience in software development.
- Work experience with database structures and queries.
- Work experience with C#.Net
- Knowledge of Byte level file manipulation.
- Adheres to strict data security guidelines
- A strong understanding of relational databases like SQL and Oracle.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project cost/effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. May participate in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.