Corporate Legal Assistant
Jack Henry & Associates, a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services in the financial services industry, is hiring a Corporate Legal Assistant to join our growing team in Springfield, MO. The selected candidate will join an experienced team of six staff members and twelve attorneys. This role will encompass managing intake of department matters, coordination of meetings, contract template revisions, project management and other essential tasks to assist the department including exposure to a wide range of corporate law matters including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships, commercial agreements, business structures and transactions and some exposure to intellectual property. This role offers growth potential and allows the opportunity to work on a team of legal professionals in a company that was recently recognized as a Best Place to Work by Forbes! Jack Henry & Associates offers a comprehensive benefit package, a strong work-life balance, and an enjoyable company culture. If you are a detail-oriented individual with solid administrative and word processing skills with prior experience in the legal field, this opportunity may be the right fit for you.
- Associate degree required.
- Minimum of 18 months experience as a paralegal or legal secretary.
- Experience working as part of a legal team in either corporate or private practice.
- Strong knowledge of legal procedures and terminology.
- Microsoft Office expertise, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Sharepoint.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Accurate typing and word processing skills.
- Paralegal certificate preferred.
- Prepares contract templates, customer agreements, department documentation, and correspondence using knowledge of legal terminology and document formats.
- Answers telephone calls and arranges conference calls.
- Coordinates department schedules and makes appointments
- Reads and routes incoming mail, and documents mail that requires action or a response.
- Organizes and maintains electronic file system and files contracts, correspondence and other records.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.