Data Reporting Business Analyst
Are you someone who is analytical, data driven and likes to be challenged in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, then this position might be perfect for you. We’re seeking to hire a seasoned Data Reporting Business Analyst who will excel in providing data reporting and analytics for Jack Henry’s 3rd party systems such as Cherwell, Oracle CRM, Salesforce, and other internal systems. The ideal candidate will be able to interface with internal customers and work collaboratively across different teams to modify existing reports, create new reports / dashboards, and can recommend ideas, improve processes and write applicable documentation. Candidates with hands-on experience regarding SQL queries and or BI tools (Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, SSRS, etc.) would be ideal in this role. This position is not your traditional business analyst role but a blend of technology and data reporting/analytics.
About this Team:
Working as part of Internal Application Services, reporting to the Business Analyst Manager, this team is responsible for data reporting and analytics of Jack Henry’s internal 3rd party systems and applications. Candidates will be joining a team of 6 employees who all work very closely together, mostly out of the Springfield, MO office.
This position can be worked out of the following Jack Henry offices; Springfield, MO (Preferred Location) or Allen, TX.
- Minimum 18 months of business analysis, project analysis or technical analysis experience AND 1 year with data analytics or data reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Previous SQL Query experience preferred.
- BI tools experience (Microsoft Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, Microsoft SSRS, etc.)
- Data preparation and wrangling experience preferred.
- Researches, analyzes, creates, and maintains applicable Policies & Procedures.
- Manages department processes to ensure compliance and that deadlines are met.
- Defines, documents, and publishes processes. Observes existing practices across multiple departments with similar functions and looks for opportunities to optimize practices and processes.
- Supports collection and interpretation of business information.
- Diagrams and evaluates existing processes.
- Collects data to identify root cause of problems.
- Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Measures performance against process requirements. Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls.
- Performs Impact Analysis of all recommended changes and standards. Presents and defends recommendations to mid-management and senior level management.
- Interrelates KPIs and adjusts business variables to improve the effectiveness of the measurements used.
- Analyzes trends and provides correlated studies of potential changes and outcomes.
- Participates in post-project reviews to determine effectiveness, pertinence and timeliness of newly recommended processes. Identifies processes that are effective and works to change processes in need of further refinement.
- Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality. May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement and control.
- Analyzes high volumes of data from multiple sources.
- Tracks the appropriate market space.
- Performs Cost-Benefit and other forms of analyses.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.