Systems Administrator (Data Center Operations)
Are you someone who enjoys supporting server environments for large enterprise datacenters? If so, this position might be perfect for you. Jack Henry and Associates is seeking a motivated Systems Administrator, reporting to the Systems/Network Administration Manager, who will responsible for monitoring, modifying and maintaining systems for acceptable availability, stability and response time to customers. Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of hardware operations, maintenance experience and knowledge of networks at the enterprise level.
This is a very project driven role and so individuals that have experience with managing multiple large projects would be a great fit for this position. The team is responsible and focused on all systems for the Data Center and will spend their days troubleshooting, fixing servers, installing new equipment and managing cabling/power to the Data Center.
About this Team:
Working within Datacenter Infrastructure, this teams overall responsibilities and focus is on all systems for Data Centers in Jack Henry and will spend their days troubleshooting, fixing servers, installing new equipment and managing cabling/power to the Data Center. Candidates will be joining this team of 9 employees who all work various Jack Henry office locations.
This position will be worked out of the Branson, MO data center.
- Minimum of 18 months in Windows Server (2008 or newer), Linux administration or PC hardware experience.
- Candidates msu be able to work occoasional nights and weekends as business needs dictate, as well as be on call 24/7 once every 9 weeks for 1 week.
- Knowledge of or experience with IT infrastructure concepts and principles.
- Previous JHA product knowledge.
- Advanced Troubleshooting experience.
- Able to monitor, modify and maintain assigned system(s) in support of optimal performance and availability.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Applicable industry standard certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience with x86 hardware configuration and maintenance.
- Monitors systems for optimum performance and availability.
- Installs, configures and maintains systems, such as X86 systems, iSeries systems, SAN and storage arrays.
- Implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer and internally-reported system problems.
- Documents and implements system procedures, policies and events.
- Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
- Performs periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- May manage data access and data permissions.
- May assist support groups with applications installed on servers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.