Jack Henry & Associates is a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry. We are seeking an Accounting Supervisor for our growing team! If you have solid analytical skills and are detail driven, this may be the right fit for you!
This is a new position within our Finance Contract Management group and will be leading a team of 6 responsible for multiple division’s billing. This individual will have thorough knowledge of billing processes, able to interpret complex contracts and communicate that information to various departments and perform extensive testing and QA of PeopleSoft Finance and supply management system. This individual will use PeopleSoft FSCM and Excel regularly and should be comfortable in comparing large data sets from multiple systems. You will work closely with those in our operations groups and others within the accounting department. Must have solid interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. Travel may be up to 5% to different Jack Henry office locations to attend additional training. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before January 25, 2019.
This position can be based only out of the following Jack Henry office location: Seattle, WA.
- Associate’s degree.
- Must have a minimum 6 years of experience in Accounting.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year Accounts Receivable experience.
- Must have previous experience managing a minimum of 3 employees.
- Must have experience with MS Excel (pivot tables, macros and advanced formulas).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Lead in the areas of processes and procedures, projects, research and analysis.
- Lead area in process and procedures.
- Lead projects being directed by manager.
- Able to supervise daily activities of employees doing the same or similar tasks. Responsible for coaching and discipline of employees. Assists subordinates with difficult inquiries or problems. May perform duties of the actual job along with subordinates. Possesses problem-solving capabilities and a demonstrated advanced knowledge of field.
- Able to work with confidential materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Oversees basic accounting functions, such as preparing and posting entries to the GL, accurately codes and pays invoices, calculates revenue recognition, accurately interprets and enters contracts, and produces customer invoices.
- Monitors prepaid expense general ledger accounts. Reconciles detail reports and prepaid expense/revenue detail to general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Monitors accrued expense and revenue general ledger accounts. Makes journal entries to re-class items as necessary. Make journal entries to accrue expenses on a monthly basis. Sets up amortization schedules. Makes journal entries to re-class items and amortizes prepaid expenses on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates with hardware department to prepare inventory reports to facilitate inventory reconciliation.
- Prepares month-end inventory count sheets and distributes to hardware personnel. Monitors and assists with inventory counts at inventory storage and staging sites. Prepares inventory reports to facilitate reconciling physical counts with detail.
- Assists managers in resolving accounts payable or accounts receivable issues. Discusses transactions with managers to properly classify transactions.
- Works with banks on a daily basis to obtain information on cash transactions including wires and ACH's. Relays cash transaction information to appropriate departments for processing and records transactions in the journal.
- Assists time and expense specialists in resolving time and expense issues with employees and their managers.
- Prepares cash reports and distributes on a weekly basis. Monitors Open Time accounts on a daily basis to ensure funds are available to cover cash disbursements. Transfers funds as needed to cover expenditures.
- Works with accounts payable specialists to track prepaid internal maintenance. Monitors schedule preparation and makes adjustments as needed. Makes journal entries to amortize internal pre-paid transactions on a monthly basis. Assists in reconciling detail to general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Assists other departments with preparation and processing of purchase orders.
- May assist with hiring and firing decisions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.