Applications Security Engineer
This job posting is no longer active
Are you someone who is looking to join a fast-paced technical group who supports security applications in a large enterprise environment? If so, this position might be perfect for you! Jack Henry and Associates is seeking a talented and motivated Applications Security Engineer to join it’s growing team! This position will report to the Application Security Manager and will interact with product development, infrastructure and governance teams to implement and develop authentication solutions. This role will work with developers to access security application security threats and responsible for testing and analyzing application code for security weaknesses and vulnerability. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to grow their technical aptitude while collaborating on a team of senior professionals supporting various business units.
About the Team:
The SCS Enterprise Application Security team designs, engineers and operates infrastructure and solutions that improve the security, uptime and performance of Jack Henry’s applications. Candidates will be part of a team of 6 technology professionals that are dispersed geographically but work very closely together.
This position can be worked out of the following office locations: Springfield, MO, Monett, MO, Lenexa, KS, Allen, TX or 100% REMOTE.
- A minimum of 18 months of experience with networking, application development or IT security.
- Experience with or knowledge of Active Directory or ADFS highly preferred.
- Practical understanding of SAML, OAuth and Kerberos preferred.
- Knowledge of OWASP tools and methodologies, HTTP and web programming preferred.
- Security certifications preferred (e.g., CISSP, CEH).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Develops the security of applications and establishes security systems, policies and procedures to prevent system compromise or infiltration.
- Assesses the impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration, or denial of access to information.
- Develops policies & procedures to ensure the security of relevant solutions.
- Investigates, recommends and monitors implementation of new security products and services.
- Acts as a central point of contact for internal and external customers on application security issues.
- Participates in product Change Control Boards and work with other JHA departments to ensure security of products and services.
- Monitors and evaluates internal and external application security threats. Researches application security threats and implement appropriate changes to the Security program to prevent company and customer data assets from being compromised.
- Acts as an escalation point for complex internal and customer facing application security and support functions.
- Manages high level projects that drive current security initiatives and support the security solutions.
- Follows up on application security findings with various development teams from application security-related reviews and other third-party reviews.
- Perform application security assessment and penetration testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.