Network Systems Engineer
This job posting is no longer active
As a Network & Hardware Services (NHS) engineer you will play an integral part in the success of the Symitar brand - a Jack Henry & Associates company - by providing a stable hardware platform to run the industry’s leading credit union core database software. You will install and configure new servers, upgrade existing servers and provide routine support to ensure peak operating performance. You will use the latest tools and techniques to provide analysis and consultation to customers, identifying improvements and resolutions to complex server, peripheral, and network problems.
We are seeking a self-driven individual who has the capacity to make a difference by helping others and craves the challenges of cutting-edge technology working on high-value projects. This person will join a strong and welcoming team of engineers who love what they do and have fun doing it.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Network Administration or Field Engineer role.
- Experience with LAN and WAN networks.
- VMware experience.
- Must be able to travel 30-40% after initial six months of employment.
- Must be able to work on-call every six weeks.
- VMware experience.
- Comptia Network + or A+ certifications.
- AIX administration experience.
- Active Directory experience.
- Credit Union or Banking Industry experience.
- IBM or NetApp SAN experience.
- Bachelor's degree with an MIS emphasis.
- Install operating system software and Episys core application software on new or existing server class hardware
- Install peripherals and communication equipment required for implementations including terminal servers, switches, printers, signature pads and check endorsers
- Create print queues and configuration files on core servers
- Training of clients on basic operations of hardware solution
- Perform client migrations; transfer data from the current system environment to the new one.
- Analyze networks using tools such as Wireshark, ping, traceroute, nslookup, and arp to determine potential issues and make suggestions for recommended changes.
- Provide phone support to existing customers; adequate prioritization, documentation and management of case queue
- Resolve more than 50% of cases with no assistance while following JHA jSource Standards.
- Follow standard operating procedures for field projects. Prepare a "statement of work" for upcoming installations, migrations or other on-site work for clients. Deliver timely communication of status of work appropriate for management and client; correspond with customer and other divisions within the company to insure all customer concerns and issues are resolved within accepted timeframes.
- Participate in “on-call” rotation as dictated by department management; answer client calls after regular business hours and work to resolution by leveraging personal knowledge or other NHS resources as needed.
- Assist with special projects as requested by NHS Management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.