Jack Henry & Associates is currently seeking a motivated candidate to join our Systems Operations Team as a Senior Cloud Administrator. Our team resides in the Technology Operations department, which primarily supports the JHA infrastructure, and is responsible for platforms management (Azure Cloud Platform, Microsoft System Center, SaaS based apps, process automation, etc.). Platform Operations is a team of less than ten people with members in multiple JHA and remote locations.
The job location is at any one of our physical offices or remote. There is in an on-call rotation and minimal travel required to quarterly and annual team meetings, etc.
Who We Are Looking For:
You are self-motivated with a proven track record in enterprise systems administration, specifically public/hybrid clouds. You like working in a collaborative, team environment; but are also capable of completing projects on time and on your own, when needed. You look for areas to improve processes and procedures and work well in a cross-functional capacity. You like to learn and evangelize new technologies. You are comfortable educating and training others on cloud usage and best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide oversight and guidance on JHA’s public cloud usage.
- Onboard internal teams into JHA’s public cloud for Dev/Test and Production usage.
- Help drive current solutions and engineer new ones for the various aspects of cloud management: cost and optimization, governance, security and identity, etc.
- Proof out cloud-native and third party tools to solve business requirements around cloud operations.
- Be a cloud evangelist and help drive public cloud adoption within the department and the organization.
- Assist with the other Platform Operations’ services.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in Windows administration
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience running production enterprise workloads in Azure.
- Experience with multi-cloud solutions and other cloud platforms (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, etc.).
- Experience with 3rd party tools to aid in cloud management (Dome9, PowerBI, Hashicorp, Chef, etc.).
- Experience with modern scripting languages (PowerShell, Ruby, Bash, Python).
- Experience with automation tools (Chef, System Center Orchestrator, Microsoft Service Management Automation, Azure Automation, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, etc.).
- Experience with Linux in an enterprise setting (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu).
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM/DevOps.
- Experience working in an environment that practices ITIL.
- Applicable industry standard certification(s) preferred.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months.
- Performs routine assessment of all JHA cloud environments and tracks, analyzes and reports on overall health of environment.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the cloud infrastructure capacity forecast.
- Performs virtual server provisioning and configurations as well as initiating requests for supporting cloud infrastructure components.
- Works with IT Security team to ensure the cloud environments aligns with IT Security compliance.
- Develops and maintains cloud infrastructure user access roles.
- Collaborates with other business units as necessary to evaluate cloud readiness of services.
- Attends and contributes to projects to migrate services into JHA cloud environments.
- Develops and improves automation of cloud service processes.
- Improves monitoring of cloud services.
- Works closely with Tier 1 Cloud Support Techs and the Cloud Services team to remediate issues and fulfill support requirements.
- Consumes services from supporting technical groups and provides cloud component services to consumer business units.
- Fosters the growth and development of the ITIL Foundation framework for service management.
- Responsible for validating billing metering data collected for the cloud-based service offerings.
- Performs periodic recovery testing of disaster avoidance plans.
- Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
- Performs essential functions required for effective system backup and restore testing.
- Documents and implements system procedures, policies and events.
- Implements and monitors corporate security policies.
- Implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer and internally-reported system problems.
- May assist support groups with applications installed on servers.
- Maintains awareness of current tools, methodologies and technologies associated to IT support and cloud management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.