Revenue Accountant: Mid-Level
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you'll join us. We can't do it without you.
We are looking to hire a Revenue Accountant that will be a part of the Revenue Recognition team in External Reporting. Our department is responsible for financial review, financial analyses, forecasting, and budgeting. Under general supervision, the Revenue Accountant will complete various accounting activities such as preparing large volumes of journal entries for month-end close, preparing balance sheet reconciliations with quarterly analysis, and providing audit-ready accounting support in accordance with ASC 606, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has a high level of attention to detail, and performs accurate and timely work to provide reliable financial ledgers and information to managers and other Jack Henry leadership. This position will work closely with other team members to complete all required activities to meet close and reconciliation deadlines.
This position will be filled to work in a hybrid capacity and will require you to come to one of the following Jack Henry office locations at least 1 day a week: Allen, TX, Lenexa, KS, Springfield, MO, or Monett, MO.
Salary range for this position is $50,000 -$75,000, depending on candidate experience and geographic location.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Prepare standard and specialized financial reports (e.g., balance sheets, income statements) according to generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Perform financial analyses to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Assist other departments in resolving accounting issues by doing research, determining the best approach to resolution, and communicating results.
- Apply company policies and procedures to assist other team members with daily questions and issues.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting (P&L and balance sheet reconciliations, journal entry preparation, variance research).
- Experience with advanced Excel formulas (XLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Macros, IF statement).
- Ability to work once a month for a couple of days after 5pm CST.
- Ability to travel up to 10% to attend JH meetings, trainings, and/or professional conferences.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Experience working with revenue cycles.
- Experience working with Commissions.
- Experience working with Power BI.
- Experience working with ASC 606.
- CPA certification.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and other accounting principles.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this positing, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry's mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun." We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company's strength and success depends on their well-being.
We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial well-being of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business - and our society - stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Requests for full corporate job descriptions may be requested through the interview process at any time.
explore the areaLearn More
Software Engineering Senior Manager Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 02/23/2024
Security Data Analyst Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 02/23/2024
Senior Technical Product Analyst - Symitar Administration Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 02/23/2024
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs
Become a Community Member Today
One of the best ways to learn more about Jack Henry is to join in. Sign up for one of our communities and be one of the first to get our latest news, updates, and job opportunities.