Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you'll join us. We can't do it without you.
We are seeking a Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst to work in collaboration with multiple leaders on analyzing potential groundbreaking opportunities for sales and acquisitions. This individual will work within our Finance team and work closely with our Corporate Strategy team, individual product groups, C-suite, and external parties such as brokerage firms and investment banks. This is an opportunity for a highly knowledgeable individual with a keen ability to both analyze and present data. Beyond this, the ideal candidate knows that mergers and acquisitions have a human element as well: this person must understand Jack Henry’s history and culture, evaluate culture fit as a crucial part of any deal, and consider the impacts of change on customers, associates, and stakeholders.
This position will be filled to work at the following Jack Henry office locations: Allen, TX; Lenexa, KS; Springfield or Monett, MO. This is a hybrid position that requires you to come to the office 2-3 times per month for onsite meetings, events, and training. The remainder of the time you may work remotely from home.
The target salary range for this position is $76,000 -$115,000, based on location and experience.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Conduct in-depth analysis of industry prospects by gathering information about growth, competitors, market share possibilities, and financial statement review.
- Support complex deals by evaluating financial reports, studying company operations, and deciding how a company will fit within a new or existing Jack Henry business unit.
- Prepare and present analysis, insights, and recommendations for senior leadership to guide decision making.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments in support of activities related to identifying, pursuing, evaluating, and executing acquisitions.
- Support stakeholders in identifying and understanding M&A transactions and competencies.
- Stay informed on industry trends, market dynamics, and competitor activities. Directly researches and approaches merger and acquisition targets through multiple channels inclusive of internet prospecting, employee referrals, networking, database searches, internet ads, etc.
- Apply in-depth understanding of Jack Henry’s culture, products & initiatives to ensure alignment with corporate strategies and product priorities.
- Assist other Treasury personnel as needed, including cross-training and performing duties in the event of an absence.
- Provide support to other JH departments as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mergers & acquisitions (M&A) role.
- Ability to travel up to 10% for team meetings and meetings with potential acquisitions/divestitures.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Advanced degree.
- Prior experience as an investment banking analyst.
- Experience in the financial, technology, and/or fintech sectors.
- Professional certifications (e.g. Mergers & Acquisitions Professional, Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor).
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this positing, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry's mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun." We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company's strength and success depends on their well-being.
We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial well-being of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business - and our society - stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Requests for full corporate job descriptions may be requested through the interview process at any time.
explore the areaLearn More
Software Engineering Senior Manager Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 02/23/2024
Security Data Analyst Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 02/23/2024
Senior Technical Product Analyst - Symitar Administration Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 02/23/2024
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs
Become a Community Member Today
One of the best ways to learn more about Jack Henry is to join in. Sign up for one of our communities and be one of the first to get our latest news, updates, and job opportunities.