Technical Support Engineer: Credit Union Client Support
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you'll join us. We can't do it without you.
We are actively seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our team! In this role, you will work directly with Financial Institutions, and perform extensive programming and troubleshooting of both template and credit union custom code. You will also be responsible for maintaining and revising existing code, as well as writing new code for enhancements or fixes. Support may be for credit union clients or internal organizations. The ideal candidate will have the ability to multi-task, be extremely organized and self-motivated, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where flexibility and adaption are critical to success.
This position can be worked remotely within the United States.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Provides technical assistance to customers. Analyzes the problem as described by the customer and determines the best course of action for resolution.
- Train existing peers and/or new employees
- Interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems-level software where the user has a technical background.
- Includes all appropriate departments to facilitate a successful resolution to any client issue.
- Reports design, reliability or bugs to software engineering. Creates defect records on all reported issues with supporting files and examples for development to create code fixes. May include preparing test environments when necessary.
- Maintains familiarity with company products by attending training classes, observing experienced support personnel, reading software documentation, and participating in online training programs.
- May complete Customer Work Requests (CWRs) which may involve customer installations, customization, upgrades, and training.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 18 months of experience programming from either a professional or educational background.
- Excellent communication, customer interaction skills and exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong project management including strong grammar and writing skills.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or business-related discipline.
- Able to read and write other various programming languages.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of the bank/credit union industry.
- Chromium and Service Based programming.
- Work experience with PowerOn.
- Able to define system and functional requirements.
- Able to interact with and communicate well with other technical associates.
- An understanding of various SDLC methodologies.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this positing, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry's mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun." We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company's strength and success depends on their well-being.
We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial well-being of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business - and our society - stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Requests for full corporate job descriptions may be requested through the interview process at any time.
explore the areaLearn More
Software Engineering Senior Manager Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 02/23/2024
Security Data Analyst Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 02/23/2024
Senior Technical Product Analyst - Symitar Administration Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 02/23/2024
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs
Become a Community Member Today
One of the best ways to learn more about Jack Henry is to join in. Sign up for one of our communities and be one of the first to get our latest news, updates, and job opportunities.