Senior Software Automation Engineer (Performance)
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains automated scripts (functional & Nonfunctional) and manual regression test plans for a variety of interfaces. Develops automation frameworks consisting of functional libraries while adhering to coding standards.
- Schedules and conducts testing, submits testing reports and issues to development for correction, tests corrected code and tracks defects.
- Work closely with the project team and verify features are meeting or exceeding the defined performance goals during the project Testing.
- Collection of metrics and troubleshooting using tools such as DataDog, splunk, NJMon on AIX/Linux and Windows/SQL Server Profiling tools
- Building workload models, NON-Functional Requirements definitions, Load Profiles to simulate various scenarios etc
- Provide actionable corrective recommendations for discovered performance issues.
- Documents test progress and results. Prepares reports and presents results as needed.
- Fulfills load testing requests and sets up appropriate load testing monitors on servers. Executes and analyzes load tests, and reports to product team members.
- Assists in planning, scheduling and implementing automation projects. Monitors automation projects and ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Performs evaluation of products and systems and determines candidates for automation.
- Serves as team liaison to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Analyzes scripts and performs code reviews of automated scripts. Reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Provides updates on automation progress and custom reporting as requested.
- Uses automated Quality Assurance systems to facilitate daily activities..
- Develops automation strategies that will enhance test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of regression testing.
- Provides training and technical assistance to members of the automation team. May assist with training on software enhancements. May cross-train and mentor less experienced QA team members.
- May advise or recommend unit testing applications. May assist or recommend the application of a UML.
- Keeps abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and communicates new information to QA team.
- Assists with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with software changes for update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; prepares enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May create or assist with creation of manual tests.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with C#/.NET and JAVA.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Solid hands-on experience in performance testing Java applications using JMeter/Visual Studio Load Test in an AIX/Linux environments and orchestrated tools such as Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
- Proficient in Java with solid knowledge of common frameworks.
- Strong object-oriented instincts.
- Background in both SOAP and REST based services.
- Familiar with TestNG.
- Understanding of JVM, its limitations, garbage collection, etc..
- Excellent knowledge of automated QA systems.
- Excellent knowledge of performance test systems.
- Understanding of complex calculations and business process lifecycle (e.g., the lifecycle of a loan…origination, participation, servicing, delinquency, shadow accounting, reporting, etc.) would be a strong benefit.
- Familiarity with Object Orientated Design and Analysis.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform in an AGILE environment.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Excellent knowledge of software testing lifecycle.
- Able to manage the software quality certification function with accuracy and timeliness.
- Able to review system and functional requirements and extract data to use in preparing automated test plans and scripts.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple and complex projects.
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Able to define highly complex automated test cases and scenarios.
- Coding skills as required by automation tools utilized.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
explore the areaLearn More
Senior Staff Software Engineer Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 11/27/2023
Deposit Software Analyst Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 11/28/2023
Application and Implementation Support Analyst: Digital Wallets Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 11/27/2023
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs
Become a Community Member Today
One of the best ways to learn more about Jack Henry is to join in. Sign up for one of our communities and be one of the first to get our latest news, updates, and job opportunities.