Senior Network Engineer: WAN
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
Are you a Network Engineer who loves to build new things at a fast pace? Ready to learn and grow while working hands-on in a large, multifaceted environment? Look no further! We are looking for a Senior Network Support Engineer to join our Technical Services – Network Infrastructure team--someone who can roll up their sleeves and independently resolve challenging network access and communication issues in a complex environment! Jack Henry's network infrastructure extends from our datacenter environment to millions of users at our financial institution customers. You'll be at the center of it all!
The Senior Network Engineer: WAN will be responsible for the infrastructure design and implementation functions, and support for all of Jack Henry business units and partners with regards to Networking and Telephony. In this role, you will manage networks within a MPLS L3VPN/L2VPN routed environment, focus on developing best practice IT standards, process compliance, deliver on requested projects, as well as audit compliance. The overall vision of the team is to enable our implementation and support teams to operationalization the environment and allow for consistent delivery to our customers at our local data centers, CoLo (colocation facilities), and Cloud providers, as well as remote and consumer sites. The position will be demanding and requires a strong engineering background with effective leadership skills to help the team to succeed.
The ideal candidate will have a high degree of initiative and desire to learn in our multifaceted, datacenter-based networking environment. Previous experience in a highly complex large-scale enterprise environment or working with managed service providers will set you up for success.
This role can be based to work out of any Jack Henry office or remote from any US location. Travel up to 10% for meetings or onsite migrations/installations will be required. This position can work one of two shifts: 8am-5pm CT or 3pm-11pm CT, with an on-call rotation as well to support a 24/7/365 operation.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Responsible for overall design, planning, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of a multi-tenant and dedicated network environments.
- Serves as subject matter expert on network-related projects and responsible for project-related deliverables.
- Provides high-level phone support to employees or customers relative to networking technology and participates in on-call rotation.
- Analyzes network topologies to determine potential issues and makes suggestions for recommended changes.
- Performs installations and upgrades on networking and associated equipment as part of migrations and infrastructure modernization as needed.
- Configures user IDs and customer-specific settings on servers and transfers data from the old environment to the new environment.
- Corresponds with customer and other divisions within the company to ensure all customer concerns and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you'll need to have:
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of network engineering.
- Must have designed, implemented, or operated a MPLS L3VPN/L2VPN backbone or Service Provider (SP) routed WAN environment.
- Must have experience with dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, VRF, EIGRP, etc.).
- Must have experience in an enterprise, service provider, or MSP environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10% for team meetings or onsite migrations/installations.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Prior or current relevant certifications in the fields of network, telecom, or systems (CCNP, CCDP, CCIE).
- Extensive experience configuring and managing complex multiple routing protocols and redistribution mechanisms.
- Experience interacting with MP-BGP route-reflectors, MPLS, L3VPN, L2VPN, (TE) traffic engineering tunnels, IPSEC, DMVPN.
- Experience in circuit design, carrier collaboration, and establishment of dynamic routing with upstream carriers.
- Experience with Python and Ansible.
- Experience with automation and IaaS.
- Experience with Enterprise Level Wireless Controllers, ISE, and 802.1X.
- Proficiency in network packet captures and application analysis with Wireshark, Observer, etc.
- Comprehensive experience with Life Cycle Management in Enterprise Environments.
- Bachelor’s degree.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this positing, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry's mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun." We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company's strength and success depends on their well-being.
We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial well-being of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business - and our society - stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Requests for full corporate job descriptions may be requested through the interview process at any time.
explore the areaLearn More
Senior Staff Software Engineer Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 11/27/2023
Deposit Software Analyst Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 11/28/2023
Application and Implementation Support Analyst: Digital Wallets Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 11/27/2023
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs
Become a Community Member Today
One of the best ways to learn more about Jack Henry is to join in. Sign up for one of our communities and be one of the first to get our latest news, updates, and job opportunities.