Mid-Level DevOps Engineer
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you'll join us. We can't do it without you.
Under general supervision, this position participates in development and administration as part of Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration, and infrastructure automation projects. Responsible for implementing and maintaining deployment processes including system deployment automation and management of configuration management tools
What you'll be responsible for:
- Contribute to the technical design and implementation of system deployment automation and configuration management tools.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require research.
- Construct, improve and maintain the automated deployment pipelines.
- Build and maintain system and application snapshots for use with continuous delivery.
- Develop software in appropriate scripting languages using agile design-build-test methodologies.
- Develop unit tests alongside production code in a continuously integrated environment.
- Develop and build operating system release media.
- Adhere to team design and development standards.
- Actively participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle, including research, prototyping, detailed design, development, technical documentation, and defect fixing.
- Use appropriate tooling associated with DevOps engineering and system configuration management.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Troubleshoot system and deployment issues when needed.
- Collaborate with the wider team on design and code reviews.
What you'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, software engineering, or computer science
- Minimum of five years of technical experience in software development
What would be nice for you to have:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Works on moderately complex and diverse projects. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Strong knowledge in the following areas:
- Automation of system deployment and administration tasks via tools such as shell scripting, Ruby, etc.
- Technical knowledge in configuration management and software development methodologies
- All phases of the development cycle including concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation
- Awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans
- Able to demonstrate strong skills in the following areas:
- System deployment automation and system configuration management
- Software design and implementation
- Analysis and design at multiple-project level
- Research, analysis and problem resolution
- Communication and interpersonal
- Able to complete deliverables for each phase of the development cycle.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, with minimal assistance, while remaining flexible to changing requirements.
- Able to provide task estimates including effort and cost; able to adjust these estimates as appropriate and necessary.
- System/configuration management and other software engineering related certifications a plus and an active desire to pursue such certifications.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this positing, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry's mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun." We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company's strength and success depends on their well-being.
We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial well-being of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business - and our society - stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Requests for full corporate job descriptions may be requested through the interview process at any time.
explore the areaLearn More
Senior Staff Software Engineer Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 11/27/2023
Deposit Software Analyst Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 11/28/2023
Application and Implementation Support Analyst: Digital Wallets Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 11/27/2023
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs
Become a Community Member Today
One of the best ways to learn more about Jack Henry is to join in. Sign up for one of our communities and be one of the first to get our latest news, updates, and job opportunities.