Credit Risk Analyst II
At Jack Henry & Associates, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
Under moderate supervision, underwrites and processes merchant applications and account maintenance requests, gathers and verifies business and credit information to recommend approval or decline of new applications or maintenance requests, including transaction processing limits (velocity/credit). Works with Sales and Installation departments to develop and implement process improvements, and to communicate special processing requests. Interacts with merchant clients, independent sales organizations (ISOs), value-added resellers (VARs), and financial institutions.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Analyzes and processes merchant services applications and prepares an approve/decline recommendation including suggested transaction processing limits (i.e. velocity/credit limits). Required to complete business and owner/officer verifications through the review of business and credit information, and may include reviews of business marketing material, websites, consumer reviews, etc.
- Analyzes client’s financial position for proper evaluation and mitigation of risk/exposure and the establishment of appropriate transaction velocity / credit limits. This includes review and interpretation of commercial bank account statements, audited or company-prepared financial statements, and business tax returns.
- Complies with KYC, OFAC, BSA/AML applicable rules and regulations, and various other compliance obligations.
- Interacts with standard and complex merchant clients, ISOs, VARs, and the ODFI (Originating Depository Financial Institution) to carry out these responsibilities.
- Interacts with sales, customer support, billing and installation departments on processing and account issues, and process improvements.
- Completes appropriate due diligence and verification to approve/decline changes to merchant accounts, including but not limited to ownership changes, new bank accounts, locations, and modifying transaction velocity settings based on client business needs and risk mitigation. Reviews exception items and takes action to approve or decline transactions.
- Assists with portfolio monitoring of existing merchants to detect transaction risk, decline in financial condition, and other derogatory indicators. Communicates concerns to management.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 18 months of experience in a financial institution or commercial underwriting.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Associate’s degree or completion of Certified Fraud Examiner or Accredited ACH professional certification preferred.
- Developing professional expertise. Works on non-complex to moderately complex projects. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
- General analytical, customer service, decision-making, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Able to work with confidential materials and employee information and always maintain confidentiality of information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with BSA/AML/OFAC and KYC rules and regulations.
- Proven experience in banking, payments, or fintech.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry’s mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun." We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company’s strength and success depends on their well-being.
We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial wellbeing of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Requests for full corporate job description may be requested through the interview process at any time.
explore the areaLearn More
Senior Staff Software Engineer Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 11/27/2023
Deposit Software Analyst Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 11/28/2023
Application and Implementation Support Analyst: Digital Wallets Location: Allen, Texas, United States Date Posted: 11/27/2023
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs
Become a Community Member Today
One of the best ways to learn more about Jack Henry is to join in. Sign up for one of our communities and be one of the first to get our latest news, updates, and job opportunities.