The Jack Henry & Associates Banking Teller Development team is seeking an experience RPG Software Engineer. This position will participate in all areas of development related to our Vertex, SilverLake Teller and CIF 20/20 Teller products. A primary focus of this position will be programming the business services (SOA) which allow the SilverLake Teller and CIF 20/20 Teller products to function. Additional primary duties will involve: standard RPG programming and maintenance of the teller system, RPG Socket Programming, and XML parsing and construction.
Due to the distributed nature of our team, successful candidates need to have excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- Minimum of five years of technical experience in software development and/or programming.
- 2 years of programming experience in RPG ILE/SQLRPGLE IV and Free/CLLE/DDS & IBM iSeries.
- SOA knowledge/experience
- Familiarity with XML – parsing, serialization, schema definition
- Subfile experience
- Microsoft Office suite experience
- Knowledge of Modules, Binding, Service program, Activation groups
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Bachelor’s degree in business, software engineering, or computer science degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Experiene with RDi IDE.
- Scrum/Agile methodology experience.
- RPG business service experience.
- Banking/Teller experience.
- Visual Studio/Web Portal TFS experience.
- Hawkeye experience.
- Turnover experience.
- Experience accessing the IFS on the iSeries via FTP.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project cost/effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. May participate in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.