We are seeking a Manual QA Analyst to join our team here in Allen, TX supporting the Argo Product here at Jack Henry & Associates. In this role, you will be expected to certify and assures the quality of new and existing products by executing test plans and scripts to verify that new or modified software programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to communicate and coordinate results with impacted departments and tracks statistical information.
About Our Team
The Argo Lending Technology Services QA team is primarily responsible for testing, but also responsible for validating that testing is handled in a timely manner and guidelines are followed. We are involved in the enhancement process, are responsible for rework testing during development and most defect/bug testing of items found in the field. Quality Assurance is responsible for providing documentation regarding testing results for enhancement and/or software corrections. We also provide testing examples to internal groups, as requested, and are available to assist them in understanding the functionally of new features. We are directly involved in the alpha process and sometimes beta testing prior to general release.
- Minimum of five years of experience in Manual QA testing or lending experience.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with Argo Lending
- Understanding of various development methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile
- Experience using TFS or MTM
- Executes and creates test plans and clear, concise test scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products. Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, and release testing; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected. Reports test results and status as appropriate. Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure. May review and certify test results of other analysts and testers.
- Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, and scope documents.
- Helps set standards for test design.
- Supports and advocates established testing procedures and may provide input to establish those procedures.
- Interacts with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and development teams to identify and refine test requirements.
- Coordinates and performs moderately complex testing projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that testing projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Prepares test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; may prepare enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May perform test reviews.
- May assist with automated scripts from team members.
- May assist with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May cross-train and mentor less experienced QA team members.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.