Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your technical support skills in an IT help desk environment? If so, this position may be perfect for you! Jack Henry and Associates is seeking to hire a candidate for an exciting role as an Applications Engineer for either our Lenexa, KS, Monett, MO, Springfield, MO or Houston, TX locations. In this role, candidates will be working in a team with 12 other professionals providing technical help desk and troubleshooting support to JHA banking customers (Xperience, jXchange, etc.). Candidates will work through a ticket system to resolve banking issues vs. working on applications that breakdown. Over 50% of the support is working through systems that are malfunctioning or broken-down. Excellent customer service, attention detail and judgement needed to be successful in this role. Jack Henry offers career advancement, work/life balance and competitive benefits package.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical support, IT help desk or systems administration
- Must have basic understanding of Networking
- Must have worked with:
- Network OS, Technologies and Protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, etc.
- Any of the Microsoft Windows Servers 2003, 2008/2008R2, 201 or 2012R2
- Any of the Microsoft SQL Servers 2008/2008R2 or 2012
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Application and Web Services Knowledge (ex: IIS)
- Knowledge of:
- Network Load Balancing
- Packet Sniffing and other analytical
- XML, XSD and WSDL’s
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site or remote installations, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Performs on-site or remote customer work including design, installations, repairs, testing, upgrades and/or maintenance on technical products.
- Identifies customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Resolves customer problems and answers questions.
- Serves as liaison between the company and customers.
- Conveys customer feedback to technical design and engineering staff.
- May provide ongoing application, network and security support including servers, firewalls, routers, active directories, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.