The Sales Engineer at JHA serves as primary pre-sales resource to support the New Business sales department. Responsible for actively driving and managing the pre-sales evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the New Business sales team as the key presentation advisor and pre-sales advocate for their areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 8 years’ experience in a Sales Engineering role.
- 18 months experience in a Sales Engineering role
- Developing professional expertise. Works on non-complex to moderately complex projects. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
- Proven success-presenting technology as business solution and selling in complicated sales surroundings with both technical and business buyers.
- Keen ability to understand and document customer requirements. Strong selling and sales aptitude with ability to manage complex customer interactions.
- Able to prioritize work in multi-tasking environment, managing complex customer interactions in various account situations.
- Able to coordinate meetings, conference calls, strategy sessions and agenda development.
- Able to lead teams and manage technical resources for meeting account needs.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills. Able to make effective presentations in time-constrained situations.
- Lead contributor to opportunity solution definition and review of prospect’s operations for improving business process opportunities. Performs prospect’s needs assessments and solutions finding sessions.
- Understands and documents, through due diligence efforts, prospect requirements, and conveys requirements to Product Specialists and New Business teams.
- Effectively discusses and positions Jack Henry products and solutions by demonstrating an in-depth understanding of company products, functions, features and benefits to both business and technical users.
- Identifies all technical issues of assigned accounts, and manages prospect expectations, to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Designs and coordinates product presentations based on the necessities and competitive sales environment. Provides specifications to prospective clients, and responds to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Improves product specification layout and detail according to the distinguishing features of a company product.
- Identifies product capability gaps or functionality limitations to define alternatives using partners, product enhancements, etc.
- Conceptualizes and communicates how company products and services affect opportunities and sales exposure within the organization.
- Learn the overall process of collecting the data provided by an opportunity and taking that data and creating a workflow or PowerOn process.
- Participates at user groups, conferences, tradeshows, and other events as required by Sales Management and Product Marketing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.