Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a technically minded individual for a great new opportunity. The MIMIX Technical Support Engineer will provide MIMIX operational support and setup, system tuning and performance. This position will work on backup and recovery setup and restore procedures, as well as IBM i Printer setup and configuration, mapped drives through Netserver.
JHA offers a competitive benefit package, and encourages professional growth and development in a causal atmosphere.
- Monett MO
- Springfield MO
- Allen TX
- Houston TX
- Minimum of 18 months of experience working with Mimix.
- Experience working with IBM Series i Replication or a related field.
- CL Programming Experience.
- IBM 7.2 and 7.3 OS upgrade and PTF knowledge required.
- IBM SKLM tape encryption knowledge,
- EIM single sign on setup and configuration on IBM i.
- net programming knowledge
- Mimix Certifications
- IBM Certifications
- Interacts with product support personnel, and potentially the customer, when the customer’s problem cannot be resolved directly by first-level resources.
- Provides technical assistance to customers. Provides support to customers/users if product issues are encountered. Analyzes the problem as described by the customer and determines the best course of action.
- Interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems level software where the user has a technical background.
- Includes all appropriate departments to facilitate a successful resolution to any client issues.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. Creates defect records on all reported issues with supporting files and examples for R&D to create code fixes.
- Prepares test environment when necessary to simulate, document or recreate errors or problems reported by customer to determine appropriate action. May prepare test environment and test new enhancements or other internal quality testing.
- Writes and creates scripts and tools.
- Documents job related procedures.
- Provides mentoring/training to less experienced peers.
- Maintains familiarity with company products by attending training classes, observing experienced support personnel, reading software documentation, and participating in on-line training programs.
- Bids and completes Customer Work Requests (CWRs) in accordance with company standards.
- May be involved in customer installations, upgrades, and training.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.