We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our Cards Processing Solutions team in Springfield or Monett, MO. The Technical Support Engineer will provide technical support to field engineers, technicians, test engineers, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment, systems, software, or hardware. The primary focus of this role will be to work with IP and network connectivity, as well as supporting the configuration to set up banks and ATM’s on the JHA network. Additionally, you will provide technical support to customers, ensuring resolution of escalated issues and will conduct on-site work for surveys and installations.
- Minimum of 18 months experience with networking, computer hardware and/or TCP/IP routing/configuration.
- Required Travel – 30%
- Bachelor’s degree.
- CompTIA Network + or A+ certification preferred
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE A+ or higher), Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), SQL server or applicable platform/system.
- Networking background preferred with TCP/IP experience
- General Jack Henry & Associates product knowledge.
- Good customer relations and service skills.
- Good knowledge of network systems including LAN and WAN networks.
- Provides technical support to customers, product specialists, and consultants regarding networks/systems.
- Coordinates and performs on-site customer work including installations, repairs, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Resolves first-level and some second-level customer problems and answers questions. Resolves issues and escalates as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison between the company and customers. Conveys customer feedback to technical design and engineering staff.
- Serves as the customer service focal point during the projects and for a defined time period following completion.
- Completes existing project task lists with dates and responsibilities to ensure execution of each task.
- Maintains relationships with the customer project team members and various JHA departments and individuals.
- Travels to customer site to support the project and train the customer.
- Assists with problem resolution as required by applying personal experience in combination with various vendors and networks.
- Participates in on-call rotation as required by department management. Answers customer calls after regular business hours and works to resolve issues by leveraging personal knowledge or other resources as needed.
- Assists with training new staff members.
- May prepare statements of work for upcoming installations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.