As an iOS Engineer on the Banno Platform at Jack Henry, you'll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people's lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We're doing this by reimagining the digital presence of financial institutions and building products that empower and delight their users.
The iOS Mobile Application Engineer works on our mobile banking apps in close cooperation with our product design and api teams. iOS engineers are constantly keeping our app up-to-date with the newest development practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data. Occasional travel (approximately 5%) may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
About our team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With an engineering team of near 100, we place high value on continued education and also contribute to, and use, open source projects. Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want–as long as your work hours match US business hours. You'll get the chance to choose your own tools, work with modern technologies and contribute to products that are used by thousands of people.
This position will be hire to work out the Cedar falls, IA Jack Henry office location. If not local then the position is open to being hired to work remote from home.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in a software engineering field.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years combined programming experience with Objective C and/or Swift.
- Has successfully launched one or more apps on iTunes.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Strong object oriented design skills.
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text.
- Experience designing custom Views and styles in accordance to design rules.
- Working on a development team larger than 10 engineers.
- Experience writing automated test cases for iOS providing adequate code coverage.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Passion for true leadership and building an engineering culture.
- Proven track record of technical leadership and ability to mentor less experienced engineers.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies.
- Experience estimating, planning, staffing and tracking progress of projects
- Contributes to the functional design and architecture of customer-facing, high trafficked mobile applications.
- Designs and creates interactive graphic user interfaces for multiple platforms.
- Works with web engineering teams to create and maintain data sources and API's to support the apps.
- Standardizes platform to be able to deliver across multiple brands with minimal effort.
- Standardizes and enforces coding standards and best practices, including optimizing the apps for performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.