Under general supervision, plans and conducts the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides guidance for system automation, improved monitoring, and identify opportunities to improve online availability.
- 5+ years of supporting, maintaining, and system administration of AIX(Linux/Unix) Servers.
- A minimum of 2 years in any programming language experience acquired through education and/or professional job experience.
- Must be able to participate in an on-call rotational schedule.
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and principles.
- Strong knowledge of company products and services.
- Strong communication and customer interaction skills.
- General project management skills.
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Able to multi-task and resolve issues.
- Requires the ability to work in stressful installation environments.
- Understand the need to regard confidential customer and company information
- Provides operational system administration support for enterprise applications in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
- Performs troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Monitors alerting systems and servers.
- Review issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Maintains in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Develops custom reports to meet the business needs.
- Drive continual service improvement.
- Prepares systems assessments or certifications.
- Executes test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.