About the Banno team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With an engineering team of less than 100, we place high value on continued education and also contribute to, and use, open source projects.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want–as long as your work hours match US business hours. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools, work with bleeding edge web technologies across the stack and contribute to products that are used by thousands of people. This position will be filled to work out of Cedar Falls, IA and or Remote from home. Travel of up to 5% may be required for company meetings and professional development.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of programming experience with a NodeJS backend server using frameworks such as Express, KOA, GraphQL or similar.
- Must have experience deploying NodeJS servers in production.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience with Docker
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.