Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our Episys core Product Development team. This Software Engineer role participates in the technical design and implementation of new products or enhancement for our Episys core platform. This position participates in all phases of the development cycle: concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with relational database development.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent knowledge in the following areas:
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies
- Domain and industry knowledge
- All phases of the development cycle including concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation
- Awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans
- Experience with SQL queries.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Experience with JDBC.
- Able to demonstrate excellent skills in the following areas:
- Software design and implementation
- Analysis and design at multiple-project level
- Research, analysis and problem resolution
- Communication and interpersonal
- Organizational and time management
- Able to complete deliverables for each phase of the development cycle.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, with minimal assistance, while remaining flexible to changing requirements.
- Able to provide task estimates including effort and cost; able to adjust these estimates as appropriate and necessary.
- Microsoft and other programming/software engineering related certifications a plus and/or an active desire to pursue such certifications.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.