Jack Henry & Associates is seeking to hire a seasoned Data Center Operations Leader for their Lenexa, KS location.
Do you enjoy being a hands-on leader as well as supporting the daily operations of a data center? If so, this position might be perfect for you! The Data Center Operations Technical Leader is part of JHA’s OutLink Banking Core Director Data Center which provides services needed for banks to outsource their banking data processing needs. This entails 24/7 availability of customer data, nightly updates, end of year reporting, hardware oversight and software release maintenance. The Data Center Operations Technical Leader manages the activities of the data center business unit by providing day to day management and support. The ideal candidate will be very strong technically with servers, storage, automation and troubleshooting, as well be able to manage a small team.
As a leader, you will be expected to participate very hands-on and technically with your team, this is not just a management position. This role is 70% hands-on day to day operations and 30% assisting with management/managing a team. Success in this role will require you to have the ability to get your feet wet and provide advanced troubleshooting. Experience with PowerShell and/or batch scripting would be ideal. Candidates will need to be able to prioritize your work and have strong collaboration. Jack Henry offers a competitive benefits package, a company culture that encourages professional growth and work-life balance.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in banking/financial services data center operations OR data center operations.
- A minimum of 2 years of Leadership/Management/Team Lead experience required.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Servers 2008 & above.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Banking & NACHA experience preferred.
- Experience with disaster recovery documentation and disaster avoidance preferred.
- Participates with all new customer installations on the data center. Communicates with all parties involved to determine the current project status, and works to prevent any project delays.
- Maintains relationships with each customer and communicates with customers on a regular basis to ensure satisfaction with services provided. Communicates with customer support regarding all reported and outstanding support issues.
- Oversees the management of all hardware capacities and performance, and assesses hardware needs. Ensures data center software is functioning properly.
- Monitors expansion of the data center to ensure equipment and resources adequately support additional business.
- Develops, recommends, and implements departmental policies and procedures, and ensures staff compliance with these and other banking policies.
- Assists Senior Manager with managing the budgetary and financial aspects of the department, including capital budget, annual operating budget, anticipated growth, and other resources to support continued expansion.
- Provides direct supervision of subordinate managers to coordinate the daily activity of computer and item processing personnel. Monitors work flow and equipment use, and ensures hardware/software logs are maintained.
- Enforces all policies, procedures and standards in place for the data center. Plans, coordinates and ensures the data center receives unqualified audit reports for all internal and external audits.
- Maintains a business and disaster recovery plan to protect the data center in the event of an interruption of service or a disaster. Conducts an annual test, and provides a written summary of the results. Updates Risk Analysis section of the Disaster Recovery Plan annually; updates the Disaster Recovery Plan semi-annually.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.