Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is currently looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join our core Episys product development team. In this role, you will be working on our Episys core platform and will be focused on enhancing that platform and moving it from the current technology stack to the Java stack. You will primarily be responsible for the work that is to be done on the backend to develop services and will be using the Java stack, like Spring, RESTful/JSON and SOAP, to further improve our Episys product offerings. You will also be working with UX team to get these services integrated into the UX applications.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 6 years of Java development.
- Knowledge and experience for the following:
- Agile/Scrum frameworks and tools like Rally.
- Frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Freemarker, Velocity.
- Jetty Apache CXF for SOAP and RESTful/JSON services.
- Build tools like ANT, Maven.
- Relational Databases specifically SQLServer.
- Knowledge and experience building Eclipse Plugins.
- Knowledge in all phases of the development cycle including concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation.
- Able to complete deliverables for each phase of the development cycle.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, with minimal assistance, while remaining flexible to changing requirements.
- Able to provide task estimates including effort and cost; able to adjust these estimates as appropriate and necessary.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.