As a Member of the CruiseNet team, this Programmer Analyst position performs a range of QA & software testing as well as providing support to internal staff as needed. Tasks include a progressive regression testing which uses defined industry tools that identify changes within SQL databases and errors within Microsoft .Net applications.
Within the first few months, you Will Be Expected to:
- Learn the day-to-day tasks that include, but are not limited to
- Database regression schedule
- Microsoft Test Manager
- HP ALM / UFT
- Database Compare
- File Comparison
- SQL Database Restores
- Estimate test efforts, analyze and communicate test results and participate in day to day QA Activities.
- Create, execute and troubleshoot automated test scenarios across our systems.
- Maintain Builds out of TFS
- Must be able to do record and playback
- Enterprise programming that can learn business process and define / write test cases.
Within the first six months, you Will Be Expected to:
- Add to our company’s testing efforts and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies used by the organization to maintain a high quality software.
- Automate existing manual processes
Within the first year, you Will Be Expected to:
- Integrate QA testing for all ancillary proprietary financial software systems
- Work with Developers, support and technical teams to design and implement test and validation strategies.
- Contribute to robust, scalable, and high quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Identify required improvements in the test and development processes; make contributions to our automation tools that address specific needs.
Key Challenges /Success Factors
- Adapting to the speed and scale of Symitar Cruise release schedule
- Coming up to speed with the wide range of tasks handled
- Immediate responsibilities in existing regression and database compare processes
You will be a tremendous success at Symitar CruiseNet if you consistently demonstrate the following characteristics/attitude:
- You actually like to communicate with people in the interest of letting them know what’s going on.
- You like transparency and are upfront about things that go right and go wrong.
- You think on your feet, have a strong sense of urgency and can quickly prioritize across a range of options.
- You think about the big picture – the ability to understand how the whole system works is critical!
- You are open-minded and like to share ideas in the interest of educating and being educated.
- You’re willing to take on new responsibilities and follow-through on the ones you’ve already committed to.
- You measure and define success in terms that are “bigger” than you.
- You’re comfortable doing whatever it takes. This job will include off hour work.
- Minimum of 18 months of Automation experience.
- Experience with any .NET Language : VB, C#, ASP.NET Site MVC and HTML
- Microsoft SQL experience.
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Learn business process and define / write test cases.
- Experience with any combination of Windows, IIS, and Powershell ,and Wix
- Microsoft TFS
- Conceptual understanding of Hypervisor / Virtual Technology
- Experience building highly automated environments is strongly desired.
- Software Testing certification
- Experience with industry tools such as HP UFT and ALM
- Experience providing support during nights and weekends.
- Establishing performance testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Some knowledge of continuous integration practices, preferably using waterfall and agile methods.
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards.
- Experience with software testing and automated test techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Good knowledge of object oriented programming, along with requisite coding and debugging skills.
- Understanding of software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures and multi-threading concepts.
- Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans and test cases.
- Microsoft SQL
- Experience with HP UFT and ALM
- Experience with, but not limited to all development based on .NET Framework , can use any .NET Language : VB, C#, ASP.NET Site MVC and HTML 5
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Equivalent work related experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.